Live your dreams! Do you have some exciting dreams? I hope so and I hope you are living them because living your dreams is far more exciting than just dreaming them.
I first crafted this axiom a few years back when preparing to speak at our daughter Brittany’s Grade 12 Church Graduation Banquet. She is our oldest so it was the first of three graduation banquets that I would speak at. I wanted to share something meaningful with her that would assist her in life. More recently, I have expanded my thinking on this axiom.
If you are going to live your dreams in an effective way, ensure that you are intentional about the following:
- Dream Big. Your dreams need to be large enough to be worthy of your attention and best efforts.
- Dream Wisely. Ensure that you have some exciting and motivational dreams that make your life worth living. Personally, I often ask myself if something will matter five or ten years from now or if it will matter for eternity.
- Dream Your Own Dreams. You deserve your own dreams and need to take care that you are living your own life and dreams and not trying to be someone else.
- Live Life to the Fullest. Once you have your dreams, go for them without looking back. Really Live! Go beyond just existing or going through the motions and live your life to the full. It’s your life and it is up to you to make the most of it.
- Make a Difference. You may have seen the popular bumper sticker that says, “He who has the most toys when he dies wins.” This is not true even though many people believe it. Those who attain material success may or may not be happy and fulfilled. It is those who make a difference in the lives of others who are truly fulfilled in life and who are doing something that matters for eternity.
- Have a Written Plan. Your chances of living your dreams improve exponentially if you incorporate your dreams into a clear written Life Vision with a specific strategy to move you in the right direction.
- Navigate. It is important to assess your progress regularly to ensure that you are on track with your vision and strategy.
Live your dreams!